My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Private City Tour with Elephanta Caves Tour5 Reviews
Discover Mumbai's highlights: Gateway of India, Dhobi Ghat, the vibrant Marine Drive, etc. Discover Elephanta Caves, an ancient wonder steeped in 1500 years of rich culture and spirituality.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mumbai: Private Full-Day Sightseeing Tour of the City
- India: eSIM Roaming Mobile Data Plan
- Dharavi Walking Tour with Options
- Mumbai: Half-Day Tour
- Mumbai: Slumdog Millionaire Tour of Dharavi Slum
- Explore iconic landmarks like the Gateway of India and Taj Mahal Palace Hotel.
- Witness the unique spectacle of Dhobi Ghat and the charm of Marine Drive
- Explore the ancient wonders of Elephanta Caves with its rich culture.
- Enjoy the Ferry ride with the spectacular view of the Gateway of India.
- Admire the grand Trimurti sculpture and know the real meaning of Hinduism.
DescriptionEmbark on a captivating journey through the bustling metropolis of Mumbai on our City Sightseeing Tour. Experience iconic landmarks, uncover hidden gems, and witness the rich tapestry of its culture and history. Our tour begins with a visit to the monumental Gateway of India and the grandeur of the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. Explore the vibrant atmosphere of Colaba Causeway Street and witness the unique spectacle of an open-air laundry at Dhobi Ghat. Discover the majestic Oval Cricket Ground and Bombay High Court building. Catch a glimpse of Mumbai University and the local Big Ben of India. Experience the charm of Marine Drive and capture panoramic views from Malabar Hill. Stroll through Hanging Gardens and Kamla Nehru Park, and catch sight of notable landmarks like David Sassoon Docks, Indian Post Office Headquarters, and Reserve Bank of India. Visit the serene Jain Temple and pass by the Maharashtra Police Headquarters, Nariman Point, Churchgate Railway Station, and the State Parliament. Join us on this Half Day City Sightseeing Tour and explore the vibrant city of Mumbai, leaving you with lasting memories of its iconic landmarks and vibrant atmosphere. Embark on an unforgettable journey to Elephanta Island, starting with a convenient pickup time of your choice. Cruise across the bay on a scenic ferry ride, arriving at the ancient Elephanta Caves. These man-made wonders, carved into solid mountains, served as sacred sites for Hindu and Buddhist worship from the 5th to 7th century. Your private guide will lead you through the labyrinthine complex, showcasing intricately carved shrines and temples. Marvel at the main attraction, the Shiva Cave, adorned with depictions of Lord Shiva's stories and the iconic 20-foot-tall Trimurti sculpture. Explore other wings with shrines dedicated to Shiva's sons, Kartikeya and Ganesh, each with stunning carved statues. Throughout the tour, your knowledgeable local guide will provide insights into the history of the caves, Hinduism, and Buddhism. Conclude your journey with a return ferry ride and having experienced a captivating tour spanning over 1,500 years of history with it's rich culture.
IncludesPrivate Tour Air-Condition Car English speaking guide Hotel pickup and drop-off from Central and South part of the City Ferry tickets to Elephanta Caves Taxes for the Elephanta Island Tickets for the Elephanta Caves
- Elephanta caves are closed every Monday. Please note that during periods of high tides or heavy rainfall, ferry operations might be disrupted, leading to potential activity cancellations. In such instances, the tour operator will give you the option of Kanheri Caves or a refund of 25%. On-Site Wheelchair Rental: For those in need, wheelchair rental is conveniently available on-site. Please be advised that an additional fee is applicable and should be settled directly at the designated counter.