My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Private City Tour with Elephanta Caves73 Reviews
Discover Mumbai's gems on a guided day tour. From Elephanta Caves to iconic landmarks like the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and Dhobighat laundry, explore history, culture, and stunning panoramas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a day with local insights of the fascinating Mumbai
- Visit many must-visit spots in a well-arranged tour, including the Dhobi Ghat, Mani Bhavan and more
- Visit the UNESCO heritage site of Elephanta Cave
- Inclusive of Elephanta caves entrance fees and Ferry tickets
- Private Ac car with driver
DescriptionExplore Mumbai's most stunning locations and tourist attractions in this eight-hour tour with an English speaking guide. Start the day with a pickup and head towards the gateway of India for the ferry to Elephanta Caves. Enjoy the must-see destination for history lovers. After an-hour ferry ride climb 120 steps to the plateau where the caves can be entered. There are seven major excavations in the area, and you'll be able to explore the history behind the artifacts and structures found inside. Explore the hall which is supported by huge pillars and this masterpiece of 6th-century architecture. Discover 3 caves and learn about India's religious history. Each cave has a unique feature: one is a large Hindu Cave, the other is a Buddhist cave, and the final one is a cave dedicated to the God Shiva with a massive three-headed Shiva sculpture. After the Elephanta Caves, go back to explore Mumbai, starting with the iconic Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and the Gate Way of India. Head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site and see the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Train Station. Continue towards Crawford Market, a British era market that has been standing for over a century and a great place to see an array of spices. Visit Mahatma Gandhi's residence (Mani Bhavan) and head to Malabar Hill to witness the Banganga water tank and take a breathtaking view of the Queen's Necklace below at Kamala Nehru Park. On your way back see another spectacular panorama along the marine drive and visit a temple in Mumbai. Before ending the tour take a train ride with the Mumbai train and experience what the locals call the lifeline of Mumbai. Your guide shows you Dhobighat, a colorful landmark outdoor laundry where hundreds of workers wash and dry huge quantities of clothing. Your tour will end by driving back to your hotel by taking all the extraordinary memories along with you.
IncludesPrivate tour Air-conditioned vehicle Hotel pickup and drop off Ferry Tickets to/from Elephanta Caves Entry fee and village taxes
- Please note that there is no elevator, you will climb more than 100 steps to reach the top of the Elephanta Caves
- During Monsoon (July to mid September), the ferries get delayed or cancelled by the government if the winds are strong, in such a scenario the activity provided would be providing guests the option of visiting the Kanheri caves in Mumbai or a refund of 30%