My Guide Website?
Dharavi Tour & Street Art Walk7 Reviews
Dharavi is known as the beating heart of Mumbai and is a hub of economic activity. Join this 3 hour educational walking tour and discover the industrial and residential areas, as well as the vibrant street art, of this fascinating part of the city.
- Dive into the alleyways of Dharavi - the heart of Mumbai
- Experience the vibrancy of India's street art, contributed by international and Indian artists
- Learn about the significant social and economic impact of this neighbourhood on Mumbai
- Gain a fresh perspective by engaging with locals during this tour
DescriptionVisit Dharavi, take in the street art and see why it is heart of small-scale industry in Mumbai! Known to many as ‘one of the largest slums in Asia’, we prefer to think of Dharavi as Mumbai’s beating heart. It houses about one million of Mumbai’s inhabitants and its industries have an annual turnover of approximately US$ 665 million. Through our educational walking tours, visitors experience a wide range of these business activities: recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, bakery, soap factory, leather tanning, poppadom-making and many more. We’ll also visit the residential areas and get a glimpse of street art in Dharavi. People from all over India have come to live in Dharavi, making it a microcosm of India. This diversity is apparent in the murals, temples, mosques, churches and pagodas that stand side by side. Our community centre that is funded through the profits from the tours is also located in the residential area. We will visit it and you will learn about the programs that our NGO, Reality Gives, offers the community. Our 3 hour introduction to Dharavi aims to give visitors a much more nuanced understanding of life and work in Mumbai slums. You can also add a lunch with a local family after the morning tour. Not only will you get additional insight into Dharavi, but you’ll provide a local family with some extra income!
IncludesSoft drinks at the end of the tour Experienced Local Guide
- Please dress modestly (no low-cut tops or short shorts) and wear close-toed shoes as some areas can be can be dirty, especially during the monsoon months from June to mid September
- This tour adopts a strict no-photography policy while in the slum (to ensure the privacy of the residents)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom₹1,974.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today