My Guide Website?
Dharavi Tour Including Car Transfer5 Reviews
Explore the narrow streets and alleys on Dharavi and on the way, learn about some of Mumbai’s lesser known history!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the narrow streets and alleys on Dharavi
- Receive some information on the history of Mumbai
- We’ll also discuss some of the city’s ongoing social issues as we pass by areas
- Walk through the Kumbhawada neighbourhood, a 150-year-old pottery neighbourhood
DescriptionThe first portion of the tour is by car as way we make our way north from Colaba to Dharavi. On the way you’ll receive some information on the history of Mumbai. As we drive past the historical textile mill area, for example, we’ll learn about this once crucial Mumbai industry and how it helped make the city what it is today. We’ll also discuss some of the city’s ongoing social issues as we pass by areas like the red light area of Kamathipura. This added information will help you better understand the historical and social context of Dharavi. We’ll also stop off at Dhobi Ghat, the largest open air laundry in the world. Known to many as ‘one of the largest slums in Asia’, we prefer to think of Dharavi as Mumbai’s beating heart. It houses about one million of Mumbai’s inhabitants and its industries have an annual turnover of approximately US$ 665 million. Through our educational walking tours, visitors experience a wide range of these business activities: recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, bakery, soap factory, leather tanning, poppadom-making and many more.
IncludesLocal English speaking guide Hotel Pick up and Drop off Water / Cold Drinks
- Please note we have a strict no-photography policy while in the slum (to ensure the privacy of the residents), and advise customers to wear covered shoes as some areas can be dirty
- You are requested to dress modestly (shoulders and chest covered, clothing below the knee, nothing too tight or revealing)