Full-Day Tour of Elephanta Caves & Prince of Wales Museum
Experience the history and heritage of India on this full-day tour of the Elephanta Caves and the Prince of Wales Museum from Mumbai. Admire the Hindu sculpture and rock-cut architecture of the caves, then browse artworks from India, Nepal, and Tibet.
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride to Elephanta Island
- Explore the unique rock-cut temples of the Elephanta Caves
- See stunning Hindu sculptures
- Discover an impressive display of Asian art and natural history at the Prince of Wales Museum
- Learn about Indian art and architecture from your expert guide
DescriptionExplore the Elephanta Caves and the Prince of Wales Museum on this private full-day tour from Mumbai. Set out on an exciting hour-long sea voyage to Elephanta Island. Admire impressive views of the Arabian Sea and the skyline of Mumbai along the way. After arriving on the island, venture with your guide into the ancient, man-made Elephanta Caves. The cave complex is a collection of shrines, courtyards, inner cells, grand halls, and porticoes arranged in the splendid symmetry of Indian rock-cut architecture. The pillars and reliefs in the main cave are gigantic in scale. Around the perimeter of the cave are sculptured compartments with images from Hindu mythology which represent some of the most impressive temple carving in all of India. After exploring the caves, return to Mumbai and visit one of India's finest museums ̶ the historic Prince of Wales Museum. Browse the museum's impressive collection of Indian art, sculpture, Mughal jewelry, Tibetan armors, and a priceless collection of miniature paintings. At the end of your visit, settle comfortably in your private vehicle on the way back to your Mumbai hotel.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off service Transportation Services of an English-speaking guide Entrance fees to attractions Personal expenses Gratuities
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. A supplemental cost will be applied if you require guide services in a language other than English. During the Monsoon period from 15 June until 15 September, the tour of Elephanta caves will be weather permitting. If it is raining in Mumbai on the day of the tour, the trip to Elephanta caves cannot be undertaken. Similarly if there is high tide at the sea, this tour cannot be operated.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability