Elephanta Cave Tour with Bollywood Tour6 Reviews
This combo-tour of Elephanta caves with Bollywood tour gives you the opportunity to see both famous attractions in the same day.
- See the majestic Elephanta caves monument in Elephanta caves Island
- Ferry ride to Elephanta caves
- Visit live movie shooting sets
- Experience art of making movies in India
- Lunch in a fine hygienic restaurant
- Drive past famous movie stars homes
DescriptionThis 8-hour tour takes you from Mumbai to the rock art of the Elephanta Caves of Elephanta Island. You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to the Gateway of India at Mumbai. From here, cruise by boat to reach the Elephanta Caves. On your arrival at the island you will proceed to the Elephanta Caves which contains a collection of rock art linked to the sect of Shiva. At Elephanta, Indian art found one of its most perfect expressions, particularly in the huge and high reliefs of the main cave. There are seven cave excavations in the Elephanta group, all carved from solid basalt rock and dating from approximately the 6th through to the 7th-Centuries AD. Among the cave excavations, Cave 1 is the most impressive, representing a superb example of evolved Brahmanical rock-cut architecture. The full-day tour showcases all aspects of Mumbai, from the city’s narrow geographical layout, its coastline, the neighborhoods that make up the city, the old heritage district, the old commercial and residential districts, the up-and-coming areas, and the movie studios of Bollywood. This is an ideal opportunity to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai, and to experience the phenomenon of Bollywood.
IncludesPick-up and drop off Bottle of drinking water Transportation in an air-conditioned private car English-speaking tour guide Lunch at a fine restaurant (Minimum of 2 Participants) English-speaking guide Boat transfer Entrance fees for Studio and Elephanta caves Things which are not mentioned in descripion Lunch if there is less than 2 participants
- Please note the following: ELEPHANTA CAVES ISLAND REMAIN CLOSE ON MONDAYS,SO NO TOURS ON MONDAY.
- For security purposes, your cooperation is needed whenever personal frisking and checking of baggage is mandatory. Except for your valuables, hand baggage is not allowed at film shooting locations
- Photos cannot be taken unless permission is given (Professional cameras are not allowed at shooting sites, unless permission is granted)
- Please keep your mobile on silent mode when shooting is in progress and keep silent
- Lunch is meant for 2 or more participants For cruise passengers: When you disembark from your cruise ship, make your way to the meeting point at the green gate. It is around a 5-8 minute walk, or you can take a shuttle bus which are free of cost
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability