My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Experience Local Transport, Sightseeing & Lunch9 Reviews
Explore Mumbai's melting pot of history and culture while traveling the local way. Mumbai's public transport is a unique experience in itself. Experience different modes of transport as you cover some of the city's main highlights.
- Visit must-see sights in Mumbai, such as the Victoria Terminus, Dhobi Ghat, Dardar Flower Market, and more
- Navigate a ride on the suburban train, public bus, and black and yellow taxi
- Enjoy a 'dabbawala' lunch, and learn about the logistical marvel of the delivery system
- Experience the diversity of religions in India with visits to some of the city's iconic religious sites such as a Haji Ali Mosque
- Travel in small groups to maximize your experience
- Choose from flexible half-day or full-day options according to your interests
DescriptionSee the best of Mumbai while traveling the local way on this authentic tour. Ride the famous suburban train, hop on a classic red bus, cruise around town in a typical black and yellow taxi, and look on as millions of Mumbai’s working-class head out in the morning. Markets such as the Dadar Flower Market and the world famous Dabbawallahs (the workers of India’s intricate lunch delivery system) will also be explored. For lunch, a special tiffin (lunchbox) lunch will be delivered by a dabbawallah, with which you will enjoy a picnic at a nearby park. Following the picnic, you will receive an overview of religion in India (which is integral to the lives of most Indians), and you’ll learn about Hinduism and Islam, as well as Jainism. You will then admire the Haji Ali in the middle of the sea, enjoy views from Mahalaxmi Temple, and receive a one-of-a-kind perspective of Mumbai (and Marine Drive) from the Hanging Gardens. Later on, you experience Dhobi Ghat, the world’s largest open-air laundry.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide All transport which is part of the tour Lunch
- • Please wear comfortable shoes and modest clothing, as you will be entering religious sites
- Please notify of any dietary restrictions beforehand
- This activity is not suitable for prams/ strollers
- This tour is a group activity, and you may be joined by other travelers. The maximum group size for the half-day option is 7 people, and for the full-day option is 3 people