Sightseeing by Local Transport Experience
Are you a business owner in Mumbai?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Mumbai.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit must-see sights in Mumbai, such as the Victoria Terminus, Dhobi Ghat, Dardar Flower Market, and more
- Navigate a ride on the suburban train, public bus, and black and yellow taxi
- Enjoy a 'dabbawala' lunch, and learn about the logistical marvel of the delivery system
- Experience the diversity of religions in India with visits to some of the city's iconic religious sites such as a Haji Ali Mosque
- Travel in small groups to maximize your experience
- Choose from flexible half-day or full-day options according to your interests
DescriptionSee the best of Mumbai while traveling the local way on this authentic tour. Ride the famous suburban train, hop on a classic red bus, cruise around town in a typical black and yellow taxi, and look on as millions of Mumbai’s working-class head out in the morning. Markets such as the Dadar Flower Market and the world famous Dabbawallahs (the workers of India’s intricate lunch delivery system) will also be explored. For lunch, a special tiffin (lunchbox) lunch will be delivered by a dabbawallah, with which you will enjoy a picnic at a nearby park. Following the picnic, you will receive an overview of religion in India (which is integral to the lives of most Indians), and you’ll learn about Hinduism and Islam, as well as Jainism. You will then admire the Haji Ali in the middle of the sea, enjoy views from Mahalaxmi Temple, and receive a one-of-a-kind perspective of Mumbai (and Marine Drive) from the Hanging Gardens. Later on, you experience Dhobi Ghat, the world’s largest open-air laundry.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide All transport which is part of the tour Lunch Hotel pickup and drop off Souvenirs
- • Please wear comfortable shoes and modest clothing, as you will be entering religious sites
- Please notify of any dietary restrictions beforehand
- This activity is not suitable for prams/ strollers
- This tour is a group activity, and you may be joined by other travelers. The maximum group size for the half-day option is 7 people, and for the full-day option is 3 people
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
3 -Day Tour with Bollywood Studio Visit
This tour is perfect for those who want to take the time to explore Mumbai completely. We will take you to the sightseeing spots, markets, Elephanta caves, Dharavi slum — and of course, visit a Bollywood studio.
- Best Seller
Mumbai City Tour with Ferry Ride and Dharavi Slum
This private tour combines the classic attractions of the city of Mumbai, along with a 2-hour walk in the famous Dharavi slums, all in one day. See the famous Marine Driv17 ReviewsFrom ₹4,974.00
Mumbai Night Tour
Get a new perspective on the attractions of Mumbai on a sightseeing tour after dark. Marvel at monuments such as the Gateway to India and Art Deco buildings of Marine Dri8 ReviewsFrom ₹2,558.40
Kanheri Caves: 5-Hour Excursion from Mumbai
Visit the Kanheri Caves, a group of rock-cut Buddhist monuments located in lush forests on the outskirts of Mumbai. Cut manually centuries ago the caves comprise one of t3 ReviewsFrom ₹4,264.00
From Kanheri Caves and National Park Tour
Discover the magnificent Kanheri Caves on this 6-hour tour from Mumbai with a private driver and guide.1 ReviewsFrom ₹14,212.00
Rani Jijamata UdyaanSouth-Mumbai, Mumbai
Rani Jijamata Udyaan in Byculla is a garden which was established in 1861. This garden previously known as Victoria Gardens is one of the more popular gardens in the cit
Nehru Science CentreSouth-Mumbai, Mumbai
Nehru Science Centre, first conceived as a Science & Technology Museum in late sixties, took final shape as India's largest interactive science centre in 1977 to match th
Bhau Daji Lad MuseumSouth-Mumbai, Mumbai
Named as Victoria & Albert Museum in 1872, the “Bhau Daji Lad Museum” is the oldest museum in Mumbai, India.............
Private Dharavi Slum Tour
This 2 hour walking tour through the slum's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, and you'll undoubtedly feel the strong sense of community and the special spirit that exi10 ReviewsFrom ₹2,132.00
Riwa fortWest-Mumbai, Mumbai
The Riwa Fort (also Rewah Fort), locally known as Kala Qilla or Black Fort, is a fort located in Central Mumbai, on the banks of the Mithi River. The fort is currently in