My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Private Full-Day City and Bollywood Tour8 Reviews
This combination tour is the perfect introduction to Mumbai and the vibrant movie industry of Bollywood. See the famous sights of the bustling city in air-conditioned comfort. Visit the Gateway of India, the Colaba Market, Bollywood studios, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the Gateway of India and the surrounding area
- Visit the heritage buildings within the Regal Circle, including the Prince of Wales Museum
- Treat yourself to some shopping at the Colaba causeway market
- See Mani Bhavan, where Ghandi once lived
- Experience art of Bollywood studio film shooting
DescriptionThis tour tells the story of the transformation of Mumbai from a sleepy fishing hamlet into the melting pot it is today. Mumbai is the commercial capital of India and home to India’s mammoth film industry known as Bollywood. The full-day tour showcases all aspects of Mumbai, from the city’s narrow geographical layout, its coastline, the neighborhoods that make up the city, the old heritage district, the old commercial and residential districts, the up-and-coming areas, and the movie studios of Bollywood. Your tour guide will take you to all the must-see places in Mumbai, including the Gateway of India, the Regal Circle, Bombay University, the Oval Maidan cricket ground, Dhobi Ghat, the Town Hall, Victoria Terminus, the Municipal Building, Colaba Market, Marine Drive, Chowpatty Beach, and Mani Bhavan. This is an ideal opportunity to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai, and to experience the phenomenon of Bollywood.
IncludesPick-up and drop off Bottle of drinking water Transportation in an air-conditioned private car English-speaking tour guide Lunch at a fine restaurant Studio entrance fees
- Please note the following:
- For security purposes, your cooperation is needed whenever personal frisking and checking of baggage is mandatory. Except for your valuables, hand baggage is not allowed at film shooting locations.
- This itinerary is tentative, as it depends on studio permissions.
- Photos cannot be taken unless permission is given. (Professional cameras are not allowed at shooting sites, unless permission is granted.)
- Please keep your mobile on silent mode when shooting is in progress and keep silent.
- Most studios are at locations distant from the city center and thus may take considerable time to reach. Kindly bear with such unavoidable consumption of time.
- Bollywood activities are not centralized in a single place in Mumbai, but are scattered around different sites.
- Lunch is meant for 2 or more participants. For cruise passengers: When you disembark from your cruise ship, make your way to the meeting point at the green gate. It is around a 5-8 minute walk.