My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Private City Tour with Ferry Ride & Dharavi Village
Discover Mumbai on a private day tour with a local guide. Visit the Dharavi Slum where "Slumdog Millionaire" was filmed and enjoy a ferry ride overlooking South Mumbai.
- Drive to Mumbai's most famous attractions and landmarks
- Go on a ferry ride from Gateway of India to get a panoramic view of Mumbai
- Enjoy a private 2-hour cultural tour around Dharavi Slum
- Visit Mahatma Gandhi's residence and the iconic Haji Ali Dargah mosque
- Gain an insider’s view of Mumbai life from a local guide
DescriptionExplore Mumbai from a unique perspective by car and ferry as a local guide takes you on a private full-day tour to see the city’s most famous attractions and landmarks including the unique opportunity to walk through the culturally important Dharavi Slum village. Start your journey with a hotel pickup, before driving over to the Gateway of India and the iconic Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. Go on a 30-minute ferry ride in the Arabian Sea spectacular views of the southern side of the city and gain more knowledge of the colonial history of Mumbai along with some fascinating stories about the old Bombay. Next, l head to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Train Station, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After, visit the Crawford Market, a British-era market that has been standing for over a century and is a great place to see an array of spices. Following this, enjoy an insider's tour of the Dhobi Ghat, a colorful open-air laundry. Afterward, go on a 2-hour exploration of the Dharavi Slum, the largest slum located in Asia, now well-known thanks to the Oscar-winning film 'Slumdog Millionaire'. Go to Mahatma Gandhi's residence, where the famous 'Non-Cooperation' started. You'll also visit the iconic Haji Ali Dargah mosque, located just off the coast of Mumbai. You will then head to Malabar Hill, before seeing the Banganga water tank and having a stop at Marine Drive, where you'll see a spectacular panorama of Mumbai. Your guide will also take you for a short train ride on the Mumbai Local to experience the so-called 'lifeline of Mumbai'. Additionally, you will also be visiting the cow shelter or 'Panjrapole'. The last stop will be to take a look at the famous Mumbai dabbawallas, who drive around the city delivering lunches from homes to workplaces. The guide will take you to the assembly point of the dabbawalas, where you can take photos and learn about their interesting business model. You'll be amazed at how much they can carry by themselves.
IncludesPrivate local guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Bottled water Ferry ticket
- No photography and videography allowed on the Dharavi Slum tour
- Please consult with your tour guide before taking any pictures or videos out of respect to the locals
- Dabbawallas are not operational on Sundays and public holidays
- Ferry ride is mostly not available during Monsoon season (June to September) or on rainy days