My Guide Website?
Mumbai Half-Day City Tour7 Reviews
See the most famous monuments of Mumbai on a 4-hour sightseeing tour, and learn about Indian art and culture. Experience everyday life at the most famous markets, marvel at the world’s largest public laundry at Dhobi Ghat, and more.
- Learn about the life of Gandhi at Mani Bhawan
- See the famous laundrymen at work at the world's largest outdoor laundry
- Marvel at the ornate façade of the Victoria Terminus railway station
- Go to the Gateway of India monument, built during the British Raj
- Drive through the upscale Malabar Hill neighborhood
DescriptionGet to know Mumbai on a half-day sightseeing tour by air-conditioned vehicle, starting with a pick-up from your hotel (or cruise ship port subject to a small supplement). Drive to Malabar Hill to see Mumbai’s up-market residential district and enjoy spectacular views of the city surrounds. As you climb, look at the Jain temple dedicated to Adinath, the 1st Jain tirthankara (one who helps achieve enlightenment). Drive past the Hanging Gardens and Kamala Nehru Park, before visiting Mani Bhavan, the former residence of Mahatma Gandhi. The pretty, 2 floor building was where the Quit India Movement was conceptualized in the year 1942, and now houses a reference library of over 2,000 books, as well as a photo exhibition and diorama depicting the Mahatma's life. Next, go to the Dhobi Ghat to see the world largest outdoor laundry. Watch the traditional laundrymen at work, pounding dirty clothes in vast rows of concrete wash pens, each fitted with its own flogging stone. En route back to your hotel, drive past the UNESCO designated Victoria Terminus railway station, and continue to the fort area to Gateway of India monument, built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Transportation Entrance fees
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- For pick-ups from the Mumbai suburbs, a USD 10 supplement will apply, payable direct to the driver (subject to a 2 person minimum)