My Guide Website?
Mumbai: Elephanta Caves Tour
Visit the Caves of Elephanta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located about 10km by boat from Mumbai. Escape the city and enjoy some time exploring and learning about its Hindu and Buddhist history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mumbai: Morning Bicycle Tour
- Mumbai: Private Full-Day Sightseeing Tour of the City
- Mumbai: Private City Tour with Elephanta Caves
- Mumbai: Half-Day Tour
- Mumbai: Slumdog Millionaire Tour of Dharavi Slum
- Trimurti - three headed statue representing three essential aspects of Shiva
- Gangadhara - statue shows the river Ganga flowing onto Shiva’s head
- Boat Trip - Enjoy escaping from the chaos of Mumbai
- Ardhanrishwara - four armed carving showing Shiva as half man and half woman
- A sculpture showing Shiva killing the demon Andhaka
DescriptionEnjoy the Buddhist and Hindu caves of Elephanta, UNESCO world heritage site located about 10km by boat from the Gateway of India! After meeting at the Gateway of India we will take you by boat to Elephanta Island, and after embarking there, you will spend a couple of hours looking and learning about the five caves dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva, and about the other two caves built in a Buddhist style. It’s a nice escape out of the chaos of Mumbai for a few hours!
IncludesLocal English Speaking Guide Boat Ride Entry tickets to Elephanta Caves Water / Cold Drink
- Comfortable shoes are recommended You need to climb a few steps to get to the Caves