My Guide Website?
Elephanta Caves Half-Day Guided Tour
Discover the ancient culture and architecture surrounding the unmissable Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site on a private tour. Learn about the history and stories from your guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mumbai:If youʻre booking your trip to Mumbai last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mumbai: Private City Tour with Elephanta Caves
- Mumbai: Private Full-Day Sightseeing Tour of the City
- India: eSIM Roaming Mobile Data Plan
- Mumbai: Exclusive Full-Day Private Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Mumbai: Half-Day Tour
- Visit to the Elephanta Caves, a must-see Unesco site
- Learn about the 7 cave excavations at Elephanta, all carved
- Discover the Buddhist and Hindu temples built into the caves
- Local English Speaking Guide
DescriptionExplore the beautiful Elephanta Caves, a Unesco World Heritage Site on a private tour from Mumbai. Marvel at the caves and learn about the history, artifacts, and structures from your guide. First take the ferry to Elephanta Caves, which is a must-see destination for history buffs or archaeology aficionados. Climb 120 steps to the plateau where these caves can be entered. Dive into the history behind the artifacts and structures found in seven major excavation sites. Enter the hall, a masterpiece of 6th-century architecture that is supported by huge pillars. Explore 3 caves and learn interesting facts about India's religious history. Each cave has a unique feature. One is a large Hindu Cave, the other is a Buddhist cave, and the final cave is dedicated to the God Shiva, with an immense, three-headed Shiva sculpture. After the Elephanta Caves, you will go back to Mumbai by ferry.
IncludesGuide Ferry tickets Entrance fee to Elephanta Caves Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- our meeting point is Gateway of India shop no 2 near public toilet