Best Combo of City, Dhobighat, Slum & Dabbawala2 Reviews
During this comprehensive tour of Mumbai, you will learn about the Dhobi Ghat (Mumbai's Laundry Men), the Dhabbawala (the people who carry lunch boxes), and tour the Dharavi Slum.
- Enjoy a ferry ride during a city tour
- Travel on a local train in Mumbai
- See a Dhobighat from the inside
- Walk inside Asia's biggest Slum, known as Dharavi
DescriptionYour guide will meet you at your hotel then take you on a city tour. Highlights of the tour include Marine Drive, Victoria terminus, the Gateway of India, Colaba Market, and Mani Bhavan. You will also get to go on a ferry tour at Colaba, cruising along Mumbai's city coast line. Next, learn about the Dabbawala - the people whose job it is to carry and deliver freshly made food from home in lunch boxes to office workers in the city. See Dabbawala in action and hear how the success of the system depends on teamwork and time management. Next, you will learn about the Dhobighat. A dhobi is a traditional laundryman, who will collect your dirty linen, wash it, and return it neatly pressed to your doorstep. The laundries where clothes are taken are called ghats. Stop for a lunch break at a local restaurant. Finally, go on a 2-hour Slum Tour with your guide. The Khumbarwada area is the place occupied by the potter’s community from Gujarat, and you will be able to see pottery being made here.
IncludesPickup and drop-off English-speaking guide Budget Indian lunch Private air-conditioned car/coach for tour Entrence fees Alcoholic drinks
- • There is approximately 1 to 2 hours walking involved inside slum areas • Females please dress modestly as there are cultural differences in the slum areas • Photography is not allowed in slum areas • Cruise ship customer pickup is done from the Green gate which is approximately 2 minutes walk from the cruise terminal or they can take a free bus shuttle service to reach green gate • Dabbawala tour is not possible on Saturdays and Sundays, so instead the supplier will show you the Prince of Wales Museum
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability