My Guide Website?
Slumdog Millionaire Tour of Dharavi Slum
Mumbai: Slumdog Millionaire Tour of Dharavi Slum
- Feel the Dharavi community spirit as you walk through the narrow alleys
- Discover a place that's alive with small-scale industries
- Gain insider experience and knowledge with a local guide
- Avoid stress by choosing the option with hotel transfers
DescriptionExplore the Dharavi Slum, the largest slum located in a megacity in Asia. The slum is now famous thanks to the Oscar-winning film 'Slumdog Millionaire'. The tour will open your eyes to this bustling area of small businesses and a thriving community. Start the journey by meeting your guide at Dharavi, and experiencing the everyday happenings of this unique area. Numerous small businesses are thriving in every corner, making anything from exotic soaps and handmade cosmetics, to pottery and textiles. Throughout the walking tour, benefit from being a small group. Stroll easily through the narrow alleys and see how locals live their life here. You'll have a chance to interact with many people in the community. You'll also learn how the local recycling industry works. You'll also be amazed at how diverse Dharavi is, with many different traditions and beliefs gathered in the same place. Your 2-hour tour will end at a pottery factory, where you can ask the guide to get you a taxi. You can also add on a vegetarian meal in a local family's home if you would like to stay in the slum a bit longer.
IncludesEnglish-speaking local guide Bottled water Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Meal with local family (if add-on selected)
- This tour will take place in rain or shine
- Photography and videography is not permitted at most places on the tour. Please consult with your tour guide before taking any pictures or videos
- Tips (optional) are not included in the ticket price